Most people prefer to purchase succulents due to several reasons. On this platform, people will easily understand some basic facts and information about Succulents. So, have a look on at the given information.
What is the meaning of succulent?
The plants that have thick fleshy leaves and branches to store water are considered Succulent. However, some of such plants store water only in the leaves but not in stems whereas some plants having the storing capacity only in stems, not in leaves. The leaves are sometimes small or plant having no leaves.
The plants with the deep and broad root system are mainly found in the semi-arid region or the desert region.Plants are present in a great variety. All the plants have different structures, colors, and functions. There is one common thing in all the plants that is the timing of the opening of stomata. Stomata in the mouth-like structure are present on the surface of plants’ leaves and stems. It is present in all types of plants. It helps to take carbon dioxide and loss of oxygen and water.
Most of the plants close the stomata in a daytime and open at night. It results in minimization of loss of water during the daytime and uptake of CO2 took place in the dark.
Succulent plants are very famous and have a wide range of popularity because of non-native shapes and different forms and appearances of growing.
One of the amazing qualities of succulents is the availability of different types of plants big, little ones and middle-size also which helps to decorate many places such as work desks, etc. These plants give such a refreshing look to everyone.
There are few basic things that one must know aboutthese plants before buying succulents. Keep reading the following information about succulents.
- In tropical regions, succulents requirea high range of water in summer. The succulents need three times water per week.
- The succulents need less water in the winter and spring so that succulents can withstand low temperatures.
- The sets of succulents are ideal to decorate the indoors and outdoors with greenery. The different variety of succulents will add a visible look to the indoor.
- The leaves of the succulent are green triangular, thicker with a tip. The leaves, which are having a rosy tip, are known as lipstick succulent.
- The jade plant is the symbol of prosperity. This plant having flat round leaves and light shade, which looks like a money plant. This can be put in small shallow corners.The jade plant is the symbol of prosperity .this plant having flat round leaves and light shade, which looks like a money plant. This can be put in small shallow containers. To add on, Jade green plants with thick stems, branches, and fleshy leaves. Theleaves of this plant grow in different directions.This type of plant requires water mainly in the season of April to October.
Now, people know most of the facts about succulents and also they know how to take care of such plants.